Right after collaborating with Beeple for her nude NFT collection, Madonna tweeted that she has finally made it to the metaverse with her Bored Ape NFT.
Dappradar, the data acquisition and analysis company, says that BAYC #4988 is a customized NFT that went through fiat on-ramp payments provider Moonpay. Moonpay makes it easy for celebrities to buy NFTs who’d rather use fiat than first buy Ethereum and go to the OpenSea.
Madonna Buys NFT
The legendary “Into the groove” singer bought Bored Ape #4988 at $466,000 – approximately 180ETH at the time of buying.
Wasting no time telling the world of her latest token, Madonna proudly showed off the artwork on her profile picture – becoming the latest celebrity to jump into the metaverse, after Steph Curry, Timbaland, and Elon Musk.
Here are the traits of her Bored Ape NFT:
- Orange Background is only present in 13% of the NFTs
- Sleeveless Logo, a truly rare trait, is present in only 1% of NFTs.
- Wide Eyed – an expression that only 5% of Bored Apes have – seemingly surprised after seeing Madonna’s 3d vagina NFT
- DMT Fur, which is present in only 2% of BAYC NFTs – referred to by Madonna as the ‘Evil Eye.’
- S&M hat, which is also only present in 2% of BAYC NFTs – that shows the sadomasochist tendencies of the Ape
- Bored Cigarette – rare trait present in only 7% of Bored Apes.
The Ape is the first NFT Madonna has bought, but it is not the only NFT she has. Her Ethereum address has ten NFTs – possibly sent to her by fans since there is no record of her buying those tokens on Etherscan.
Madonna had never tweeted about NFTs before – unless we count when digital artist Mike Winkelmann (Beeple) tagged her to spend the news about their collaboration to their followers.
Lucky Block – Our Recommended Crypto of 2022
- New Crypto Games Platform
- Featured in Forbes, Nasdaq.com, Yahoo Finance
- LBLOCK Token Up 1000%+ From Presale
- Listed on Pancakeswap, LBank
- Free Tickets to Jackpot Prize Draws for Holders
- Passive Income Rewards – Play to Earn Utility
- 10,000 NFTs Minted in 2022 – Now on NFTLaunchpad.com
- $1 Million NFT Jackpot in May 2022
- Worldwide Decentralized Competitions
Cryptoassets are a highly volatile unregulated investment product. No UK or EU investor protection.